Wednesday 14 December 2011

Tea Master class

Last week I finished saying this weeks' post would be about the beginnings of the English Afternoon Tea tradition.  Well, my week has brought other events (not unusual) and I've decided to share them instead.

I earned one of my Tea Master certifications from the American Tea Master Association and since then have become a Licensee of the ATMA.   The American Tea Master Association has appointed me Training Director and I am very excited about this new opportunity.  In this capacity I will be offering Tea Master Classes in Charleston, South Carolina.   I have chosen Charleston for several reasons, it is a beautiful historic city with a nearby airport and it is near the Charleston Tea Plantation; the only tea plantation in the United States.  As part of the on-site course we will include a tour of the Charleston Tea Plantation so that potential Tea Masters will have the opportunity to see what is involved in plucking and processing tea.

The first east coast ATMA class will be a four day conference, beginning on Monday, April 30th through Thursday, May 3rd, 2012.   For more information about becoming a Tea Master please click on this link to the American Tea Master Association.  www.teamasters.org

I am off to Charleston to finalize hotel location arrangements for our spring 2012 ATMA class and will post more information about the class soon.

Happy Tea Times,
Lady Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment